I'm just really thankful for everything in my life. That wasn't the case a year ago, but so much has changed since then. So here's a short list of some things I'm thankful for:
- God. He is my rock and has been, through everything that has happened over the past few years. Everything I have endured, he has turned into something good in my life.
- Isaiah. He may agitate me to no end, but with one smile or hug or "I love you," he makes my whole world better and brighter.
- My parents. Enough said, right? But they do SO much for me that I used to take for granted. They watch Isaiah for me so I can go to my night class. I live where I do and comfortably because they own this twinplex and let me rent a side from them. They give me their old/unwanted stuff (table ware, bedding, furniture, etc...). If I ever need help, they're only a call away. And also, they have keys to my house and care, which I have found to be quite useful tons of times.
- My sisters and other family members. Built in baby sitters, shoulders to cry on, secret holders, help with classes; you name it, they've been there for me and Isaiah.
- My church. They've been there for me through thick and thin, gotten me back on the path when I lost my way, and don't judge me for the mistakes I have made.
- My old job. Or rather, them firing me. You helped me even when you didn't intend to. This year would have been a whole lot harder without the unemployment checks.
- My car. It may be 16 years old and a clunker (literally) but it gets the job done and I have never truly been stranded.
7. The bars on my windows. Without them, I wouldn't feel safe here and probably wouldn't get a full nights sleep ever.
So there's my list. There are plenty more things that I am thankful for, but I'm not trying to write a several page long post.
Tomorrow, I will once again spend time with family and friends, eat good food, and be surrounded by love. Tomorrow will be the first big holiday that we will spend without Mamaw. I know it will be an emotional day, but through it all, I will be thankful.